Friday 12 August 2011

Kaohsiung, Day One.

First day in Taiwan, and I've definitely hit the ground running. It's been a full day, and I am geared for another full day tomorrow so I will let the video and photos do the talking:


On the Kaohsiung-bound High Speed Train from Taipei.

With my lovely hostess, Arina - mother of two and still rocking it in a scooter.

Trying to look as if I could ride a scooter
Arina's 3 year old, Doris - reckon she could teach Richard Hammond a thing or two about toy cars.
Dinner with my host family. Grandma Ou cooked up a seafood feast.

Bubble Milk Tea sourced directly from its homeland. Delish.
At the Fongshan Night Market. My host Paul tells me that this is a TINY night market compared to others in Taiwan.

Sushi! I got really excited when I recognised California Rolls.

I don't know how you can eat these... they are deep fried duck's heads.

"luo ya" - not sure how it's spelt, but they're everywhere. Select a combination of veggies and offal to be boiled and served with sauce.

Can't avoid the Golden Arches no matter where in the world you are...



No comments:

Post a Comment