Monday 29 August 2011

Tainan and Taichung, Day Five - Food Stop!

So it was time to leave Tainan for Sun Moon Lake. It was back to the High Speed Train station again, so I can catch the train to Taichung. Whilst there, I developed a craving for a burger. There's only so much asian food you can have at any given time before you splash out on something shamelessly unhealthy. Off it was to Mos Burger with me. To my surprise, having a burger in Taiwan wasn't as conventional as I expected it to be. I thought I'd seen it all with KFC's Double Down, but this took the wind out of my sails!

A prawn burger - prawn filling sandwiched between rice patties... I guess they don't let you indulge in unhealthy foods even at a burger joint in Taiwan. Epic fail.
 When I got to Taichung, I had to catch a taxi to Sun-Moon Lake. The driver convinced me it was much more convenient than catching a bus to Puli then transferring to the lake. Sure I think I paid a bit more but I had the comfort of knowing I would get there in one piece. I find taxi drivers in Taiwan often like to make recommendations as to where to eat. This one said that I HAVE TO (emphasis on the HAVE TO) try their "tai yang ping" (sunshine biscuit), so I did. It was really good - the Taiwanese are well-known to be good at making chinese style pastries and this shop did not disappoint.

Pretty packaging. The Taiwanese always make everything look nice.

A selection of biscuits and chinese pastries - tickling away on my sweet tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment