Monday 29 August 2011

Kaohsiung, Day Three - Love River and Cijin Island

After a full day, I was looking forward to catching a ferry from Love Pier at sunset to get to Cijin Island for its seafood. The sea breeze later in the day felt cool against my skin after another typical hot and humid Taiwanese day. The sunset was beautiful.

Boats at the pier

Sunset, loving the colours.

Beautiful multicoloured reflection on the glass towers.


A temple at Cijin Island.

Glorious seafood.

I was a bit nervous about this dish. It's pufferfish skin, eaten in the same way as sashimi. It tasted chewy and "non-poisonous". I'm also still alive and kicking so I guess they've prepared the dish well!

Bought a bag of these - they're shellfish cooked in a spicy sauce - whilst walking along the beach at Cijin Island at night. Tricky little things to eat.

Adorable one-year-old Kevin. It was his first trip to Cijin Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment